Video ads gets your attention! 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
ROI? Return on investment with video ads? YES 87% of online marketers use video content.
“We are seeing more YouTube being watched on TV screens, and more TV content being watched on YouTube — it’s the ultimate convergence of video,” said Debbie Weinstein, managing director, YouTube/video global solutions at Google. “Advertisers are saying, ‘What are you building for me to reach YouTube viewers on TV?’”
Here are 5 statistics you should know about video ads in 2017.
- By 2017, online video will account for 74% of all online traffic (KPCB).
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (MWP).
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video (Syndacast).
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound (Digiday).
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video (MWP).
Matching an all-time high of 11 billion video ads watched
That’s part of the latest comScore video report, and there were other mind-blowing numbers. Like for example:
- 183 million U.S. Internet users watched online video;
- They watched more than 37 billion pieces of video content;
- U.S. Internet users saw 1.5 billion more video ads last month than the month before;
Those are great numbers to have in mind when talking with us about doing your video.
According to YouTube, Google Preferred ads reach 43% of millennial cord-cutters, and 44% of “light TV” viewers 18-49 as defined by Nielsen. In addition, YouTube says it’s working with third-party partners like Integral Ad Science (IAS) and OpenSlate to develop post-campaign verification reporting for Google Preferred buys.
Find out more about this report on the Wooshii blog.